If at the beginning of December you did not have time to cook the traditional German stollen, it does not matter: we offer four recipes for delicious and aromatic muffins! They will create a festive mood, decorate the New Year's table and will definitely please relatives and guests.
SPICY PRUNE CUPCAKE WITH GANACHE FROM BITTER CHOCOLATE
diced prunes 2 cups
red sweet wine 420 ml
natural yoghurt 60 ml
eggs 2 pcs
vegetable oil 60 ml
sugar 185 gr
flour 280 gr
salt 0.5 tsp
baking powder 0.5 tsp
cinnamon 0.5 tsp
vanilla essence 1 tsp
cream 50-60 ml
bitter chocolate 80-90 gr
1. Heat the wine and pour over the chopped prunes. Leave it on for 30-60 minutes depending on how dry it is. Then pour the wine through a sieve into a saucepan. Turn on the oven at 180C.
2. Combine flour, salt, sugar, baking powder and cinnamon.
3. Add eggs, butter, yogurt, vanilla essence to a saucepan with wine, mix with a whisk.
4. Combine dry and liquid mixtures. Mix. Add prunes and mix gently again.
5. Grease a mold with butter and sprinkle with flour. Lay out the dough.
6. Bake for about 60 minutes, checking with a wooden skewer.
7. Let the cake cool slightly, remove it from the mold and leave it on the wire rack until it cools completely.
8. Prepare the ganache. To do this, heat the cream, add finely chopped chocolate, add and mix until smooth. You can add lemon or orange zest. Allow to cool slightly and apply to the already cooled cake.
HONEY CUPCAKE WITH NUTS AND DRIED FRUITS
100 ml honey
45 g brown sugar
150 ml cream (any fat content)
130 gr flour
1 tsp baking powder
80 grams of nuts (any)
1/2 tsp each ground cardamom and ginger
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
12 pcs of prunes and dried apricots
2-3 tbsp dried cranberries or raisins
almond petals (optional)
1. Heat cream with sugar until sugar is completely dissolved, add spices, salt, stir, remove from heat, add chopped dried fruits and nuts, honey, flour, baking powder and mix everything.
2. Grease the mold with oil, sprinkle with almond petals, put the dough in the mold and bake in an oven preheated to 165C for about 45-50 minutes or until a dry speck.
230 gr flour
75 g cornstarch
120 g sugar *
100 gr sour cream 15%
50 grams of refined vegetable oil
60 g of tangerine juice
50 gr almonds
1 tsp baking powder
0.25 tsp baking soda
a pinch of salt
zest of two tangerines
* if you cook a cake without impregnation, then increase the amount of sugar to 150 g
100 ml tangerine juice
50 gr icing sugar
1. Peel the almonds, dry in a dry frying pan, chop.
2. Wash the tangerines well, squeeze out 160 ml of tangerine juice, remove the zest from two tangerines.
3. Sift flour with baking powder, soda and salt, add starch, mix.
4. Beat eggs with sugar into a thick white mass. Add sour cream and vegetable oil, stir at low speed.
5. Gradually add dry ingredients and mix with folding movements. Add almonds, juice, tangerine zest and mix the dough again.
6. Pour the dough into the prepared mold. Bake at 180C (or 160C with convection) for 35-40 minutes or until a dry wooden stick.
7. For the impregnation syrup, mix the juice and the icing sugar.
8. Put the finished cake on a wire rack, prick the surface with a toothpick and pour over the syrup.
250 gr flour
170 g sugar
200 g butter
2 tsp vanilla sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp turmeric for color
1/3 tsp salt
Any dried fruits (raisins, candied fruits, cranberries) quantity at your discretion.
50 gr icing sugar
1. Raisins, candied fruits are pre-washed and preferably soaked in liqueur or cognac. Dry on a paper towel.
2. Separate the whites from the yolks, beat the yolks with sugar until a white thick foam, add softened butter, beat.
3. Sift flour, with baking powder and kurma, mix. Add lemon zest and juice and beat.
4. Separately beat the egg whites with salt until fluffy white foam and add to the yolk mixture. Mix with a spatula.
5. Roll the raisins with candied fruits in flour and add to the dough, mix.
6. Grease the form with butter, spread the dough, distribute it evenly and send it to the oven, preheated to 170-180C for about 40 minutes. We take out.
7. Add a little lemon juice to the icing sugar and mix with a whisk, if you want a thick glaze, then add a little lemon juice, if thinner, then more juice. Pour icing on the hot cupcake, decorate at your discretion.