Very soon we are waiting for the New Year holidays, chimes, fireworks and splashes of champagne. An indispensable attribute of the festive table will, of course, be the traditional and beloved Olivier salad. Do you want to cook it to the highest standard? In our selection you will find recipes for a chic and expensive treat (with hazel grouse, caviar and crayfish tails)!
OLIVIER WITH CRAB AND RED CAVIAR
• 5 medium sized potatoes
• 2 carrots
• 4 chicken eggs
• 7-8 small pickled cucumbers or 2-3 medium
• can of green peas
• salt to taste
• 250 g of natural crab meat (in a jar or shell)
• 1-2 medium fresh cucumbers
• Red caviar
1. Boil potatoes, carrots and eggs until tender and cut into small cubes. Salt to taste.
Cut the cucumbers into cubes, add the peas and mix all the ingredients.
2. Cut the crab meat. If you bought meat in shell, it must first be defrosted and disassembled. Don't forget the inner veins. We cut fresh cucumbers and add everything to the main ingredients. Season with mayonnaise to taste, and garnish with red caviar before serving.
OLIVIER ACCORDING TO THE CLASSIC RECIPE
• beef tongue 240 g
• pickled cucumbers 140 g
• hazel grouses 170 g
• salt and spices to taste
• caviar 90 g
• 4 eggs
• cancerous necks 160 g
• capers 70 g
• lettuce leaves 60 g
• 2 yolks
• olive oil 75 g
• apple cider vinegar 35 ml
1. Boil beef tongue, crayfish necks and eggs. Peel the tongue from the skin, cut into cubes. Also cut up eggs and cancerous necks. A few crayfish necks (you can take shrimp) and 2 halves of eggs, leave for decoration.
2. Bake the hazel grouses whole, smeared with spices and salt to taste. In a salad, only a sirloin is required from them. Carefully cut the meat with your hands, dividing it into equal fibers.
3. Pickled cucumbers with a sour taste, cut them into cubes. Rinse and dry the lettuce leaves.
4. For the sauce, combine the egg yolks with the apple cider vinegar, stir well, and gently pour in the olive oil.
5. Mix all ingredients, add capers and season with sauce. Put caviar in the egg halves instead of yolks. Garnish the salad with herbs, eggs with caviar and crayfish tails (shrimps).
OLIVIER WITH SEA SCALES
• potatoes 3 pcs
• eggs 4 pcs
• large carrots 2 pcs
• pickles to taste
• green onions 1/2 bunch
• green peas 1 can
• sea scallops 1 pack
• mayonnaise (yogurt, lemon juice and mustard)
• salt to taste
1. Boil potatoes, eggs and carrots. Cut them into cubes. Also chop the pickles and green onions.
2. Add the peas, after draining the liquid.
3. Fry the scallops in a pan for 2 minutes on each side. Chop and add to salad. Season with mayonnaise. If you don't like mayonnaise, then a dressing of yogurt, lemon juice and mustard may well replace it. Salt to taste.
• chicken breast - 180 g
• 2 carrots
• 2 cucumbers
• 3 eggs
• capers 20 g
• pickled cucumbers 80 g
• potatoes 300 g
• Worcester sauce (without it) 20 g
• mayonnaise 100 g
• green onion 10 g
• cancerous necks 1 pack
• green peas 60 g
• quail eggs for decoration
1. Cut the potatoes in half, boil the potatoes and carrots over low heat for 15 minutes until tender. Boil the chicken separately for 8 minutes over medium heat. Boil and cool eggs.
2. Peel the vegetables, cut the potatoes, carrots, cucumbers, gherkins, eggs and chicken into 0.5x0.5 cm cubes, cut the capers in half, chop the onion finely.
3. Place all vegetables, eggs and chicken in a bowl, add peas, mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce, season with salt and pepper and mix thoroughly. Decorate the salad with crayfish tails and quail egg halves.
OLIVIER WITH SALMON
• 200-300 gr salmon
(salt the fish yourself, in our selection you will find a suitable recipe!)
• 2 pcs of potatoes
• 3 chicken eggs (2 for salad, 1 for garnish)
• 1 carrot
• 1 medium fresh cucumber
• 2 pickled cucumbers
• 1 can of green peas
• greens to taste (green onions)
• salt, pepper to taste
1. Boil and peel potatoes, carrots and eggs. Cut all ingredients into small cubes. Place in the forming ring in layers: potatoes, peas, fresh cucumber, carrots, pickled cucumbers, eggs, salmon. Spread mayonnaise between some layers.
2. Remove the molding ring and decorate with egg quarters (you can use quail eggs for this) and herbs. Decorate with red caviar if desired.