Have you bought rice, buckwheat and pasta for future use? Now it's time to stock up on recipes for their preparation! We offer five great options with rice, believe me, it can become a real masterpiece if you add vegetables, meat and more spices.
RICE WITH VEGETABLES, CRANBERRY AND RAISINS IN THE OVEN
• Basmati rice 250 gr (you can take unpolished or take 50 to 50)
• Water 500 gr
• 1 large head of garlic
• 2 small onions, preferably red
• Coriander / mustard kernels
• Cinnamon sticks 2 pcs
• Cherry tomatoes 8 pcs
• Raisins 50 gr
• Cranberries 50 gr
• Olive oil
• Salt 1h. l. or to taste
Tip: cranberries and dried fruits can be excluded if you do not like their specific taste
1. Rinse dried fruits by pouring hot water over them.
2. Peel the garlic, onion and coarsely chop the onion. Wash the tomatoes.
3. Grease the mold with oil. Put onion, garlic, whole cloves, tomatoes in it, grease everything with olive oil. Bake vegetables for 60 minutes at 160 ° C.
4. Then add dried fruits and rice. Pour boiling water over, cover with foil and put in the oven again for 20-25 minutes at 180 ° C.
THAI FRIED RICE
For the sauce
• Soy sauce 3-4 tbsp. l.
• Garlic 1-2 cloves
• Chili or hot red pepper (to taste)
• Brown sugar 1 tsp.
• Frying oil
Vegetables and fruits (optional):
• Bulgarian pepper
• Soybean sprouts
• A pineapple
• Green peas (pod)
• Chinese cabbage
• Green onions, parsley or cilantro
Boil rice, cut vegetables / fruits into cubes. Pour everything for the sauce into a frying pan and heat for a minute over high heat. Throw in all the vegetables, fry for a couple of minutes. Add, mix well. Before serving, add slices of lime or lemon, sprinkle with peanuts or cashews.
JAMBALAYA WITH SHRIMPS AND SMOKED SAUSAGE
• 250 grams of long grain rice
• 500 gr shrimp
• 2 smoked sausages
• 1 onion
• 1 red bell pepper
• 2 stalks of celery
• 4 feathers of green onions
• 400 gr canned chopped tomato
• 500 ml chicken broth
• 2 bay leaves
• 2 tbsp. l. dried thyme
• 2 tbsp. dried oregano
• 2 tbsp. l. sweet paprika
• 1 tbsp. l. white pepper
• 1 tbsp. l. black pepper
• 1 tbsp. l. cayenne pepper
• 1 tbsp. l. garlic powder
• Olive oil
1. Chop the onion and bell peppers. Chop the celery into small pieces. Chop the green onion finely and set aside for later. Cut the sausages into approx. 5 mm.
2. Heat the olive oil in a skillet and fry the shrimp for a minute on each side. Then remove them and fry the sausages in the same pan until golden brown.
3. Add the chopped vegetables and cook for about 5 minutes. Add rice and cook for about 3 minutes. Then add the canned tomatoes, chicken broth, bay leaves, thyme, oregano, paprika, all the peppers and garlic powder. Salt. Stir well, cover and simmer for 25 minutes.
4. Just before the rice is cooked, add the shrimp, stir and cook for another 2 minutes. Serve sprinkled with green onions.
CHICKEN WITH RICE AND VEGETABLES
• 1 glass of rice (steamed is better)
• Chicken drumstick 5-6 pcs
• 1 onion
• 1 carrot
• Frozen vegetable mixture (or any vegetables: bell peppers, green peas, broccoli, tomato)
• 1-2 cloves of garlic
• 1 tbsp. l. tomato paste
• Salt, pepper, turmeric, paprika
• A little grated cheese
1. Rinse the rice, chop the onion, carrot, garlic, chop the vegetables, if necessary. Mix rice with vegetables, add salt and spices to taste.
2. Rinse the drumsticks, season with salt and pepper. A deep, heat-resistant mold will be required. Grease it with oil and put rice with vegetables, on top - drumsticks.
3. Dilute tomato paste with 2 cups of boiling water. Pour into rice, cover with foil and place in an oven preheated to 180-200 ° C. Bake for about an hour, 5 minutes until ready to remove the foil, sprinkle the legs with cheese and place back in the oven.
RICE IN CHINESE STYLE
• Long grain rice 1/2 cup
• Chicken or turkey fillet ≈ 300 gr
• Half carrot
• Red pepper
• Soy sauce ≈ a couple of tablespoons
• Salt pepper
1. Thoroughly rinse the rice, fill it with a glass of clean water and cook under the lid. We need crumbly rice, so don't touch the lid when it boils, you can lift it just a little, but don't stir the rice until it absorbs all the water! Then turn off and lightly salt.
2. Fry finely chopped onion in a frying pan.
3. Add the pepper cut into strips. Then the carrots.
4. Rinse the fillet well under cold water and cut into small pieces.
5. When the vegetables are tender, add the chopped fillets. Simmer until tender.
6. Add rice. Mix everything thoroughly. Add soy sauce. Pepper.
7. Serve immediately and sprinkle with sesame seeds.