To diversify the menu during the period of self-isolation and not eat only pasta and buckwheat, the hosts of the Lunch in 4 Hands program on the Kitchen TV channel, professional chefs Ilya Burnasov and Roman Redman share simple recipes for delicious soups.
Ilya Burnasov: "It is now the name" fish soup "stuck behind the fish soup, and in Ancient Russia this was the name for soup made from any ingredients."
✓ Salmon head - 1 pc.
✓ Pike perch tail - 1 pc.
✓ Pike perch ridge - 1 pc.
✓ Pike perch fillet - 200 g
✓ Salmon fillet - 200 g
✓ Young potatoes - 200 g
✓ Tomatoes - 200 g
✓ Onions - 200 g
✓ Carrots - 200 g
✓ Fresh herbs
1. Prepare the broth - boil the salmon head, pike-perch ridge and tail, carrots, onions, a few sprigs of dill for 40-55 minutes.
2. Cut carrots and onions into strips, fry in vegetable oil. Cut the potatoes into cubes.
3. Strain the broth, bring to a boil, add the chopped vegetables. Cut the pike perch and salmon fillets into large cubes, add to the broth.
4. Boil tomatoes, peel, cut the pulp into cubes, mix with finely chopped parsley, salt.
5. Put the soup in a plate, add the chopped tomatoes.
Roman Redman: “American home cooking cannot be imagined without fish chowder soup. It originates from the coastal towns of New England, where fresh edible shells are not a luxury at all, but the most common ingredient like potatoes. They were collected simply by walking along the Atlantic coast. Soup of these clams with bacon, salted crackers and cream has been made there for over 250 years. Although now chowder is prepared in all states of the United States from anything: fish, shrimp, squid, even lobster."
✓ Cod fillet - 300 g
✓ Smoked bacon - 100 g
✓ Bulb onions - 100 g
✓ Potatoes - 200 g
✓ Fish broth - 1 l
✓ White dry wine - 150 g
✓ Garlic - 50 g
✓ Leeks - 50 g
✓ Canned corn - 100 g
✓ Fish Thai sauce - 30 g
✓ Cream 22% - 500 ml
✓ Wheat flour - 100 g
✓ Seafood cocktail
1. Chop and fry the bacon in a saucepan until golden brown. Finely chop the onions, leeks and garlic and add to the bacon along with a few tablespoons of canned corn.
2. Cut the potatoes into cubes. Pour wine into a saucepan. Until it has evaporated, add the potatoes. When the wine has evaporated, pour in the fish broth, add heavy cream. Cut the cod fillets into cubes and add to the soup, followed by a seafood cocktail and Thai fish sauce with finely chopped garlic. Add a spoonful of flour for thickening.
3. When serving, garnish the soup with finely chopped parsley.
Roman Redman: “The classic Russian borscht has a“cold Lithuanian brother”, which is prepared on the basis of kefir. It is called "shaltibarschay" - it is a refreshing dish, suitable for a hot summer day, when you don't even want to think about hot and heavy food. This is a great alternative to Russian okroshka and Belarusian cold food. Shalltearschay is prepared in just ten minutes from affordable and inexpensive ingredients."
✓ Beets - 500 g
✓ Potatoes - 500 g
✓ Kefir with maximum fat content - 1 l
✓ Fresh cucumber - 200 g
✓ Egg - 2 pcs.
✓ Green onions - 100 g
✓ Sour cream - 20 g
✓ Dill - 50 g
1. Boil the beets, peel and cut into thin strips. Pour with kefir and stir. Let this solution stand in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours.
2. Peel the potatoes, cut into large cubes and send to bake in the oven at 180 degrees until tender.
3. Grate fresh cucumber on a coarse grater, finely chop the dill and green onions. Boil eggs and cut into quarters.
4. Put cucumber, sour cream, eggs into a deep plate, pour borscht. Top with chopped herbs and sprinkle with pepper.