Maslenitsa week has begun today and each housewife, of course, has her own proven pancake recipe in stock, as well as her favorite toppings. Another classic dish that should definitely be prepared for Shrovetide is French crepeville, or pancake cake. We propose to cook it with a layer of delicate and light curd cream, which is sure to please the family.
200 g of premium wheat flour
500 ml milk
1 tbsp granulated sugar
A pinch of salt
2 tbsp butter
For curd cream:
400 g cottage cheese
3 tbsp sour cream
Vanilla sugar or vanillin
100 g icing sugar
1. In a bowl, beat eggs with a pinch of salt, sugar and vanilla until fluffy.
2. Then pour in half the milk, stir, add all the flour. Stir well to avoid clumping. Add butter and remaining flour. Stir well again, the dough should be smooth and homogeneous.
3. Let it rest for about half an hour or an hour in the refrigerator, and then bake like regular pancakes in a heated and oiled frying pan on both sides.
4. Now prepare the cream. Whisk the cottage cheese, sour cream, vanilla sugar and powdered sugar in a food processor or mixer. The cream should be homogeneous, without lumps. Put the finished cream in the refrigerator.
5. When the pancakes are completely cool, assemble the cake by smearing each crepe with cream. Decorate the top with the cake as you wish, refrigerate for an hour to soak.